MOORPARK CC MEN’S CLUB BOARD MINUTES
DATE: DECEMBER 9, 2020
Those Board Members present:
Head Pro, Roger Murray firstname.lastname@example.org
President, John Lange email@example.com
Vice-President, John Levitt firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Joel Bryan email@example.com
Non-Tournament Director, Grant Nissen firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer, Dennis Muehlenbach email@example.com
Handicap Chairman, Tom Cowley firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournament Director, Mike Bell email@example.com
Non-Tournament Director, Rich Vesely firstname.lastname@example.org
Those Members present:
Joe Brennen, Tony Seratella
The meeting was convened at 5:00 pm.
- Roger reported on the course condition, County restrictions and the Shamble event coming up for this Saturday.
- John Lange made a motion that the Men’s Club pay $50 toward the cost of the beverage cart, so a beverage cart would be available for every Men’s Club tournament. A motion was made by John Lange and seconded by John Levitt and passed unanimously. Grant abstaining.
- The board welcomed Rich Vesely as a new member. Rich is taking the place of Grant Nissen as the Non-Tournament Director. Rich will be in charge of team play. Tony Seratella will continue to be in charge of league play. Two for Tuesday will be run by Joe Sedoti.
- Tom Cowley was welcomed as the new Handicap Chairman and indicated that everyone in the Men’s Club should be complying with USCGEA recommendations to post every score within 24 hours. He will be monitoring club members to ensure posting compliance.
- Motion was made by John Lange to increase dues from $150 to $175 effective January 1, 2021. Motion passed unanimously.
- John Levitt presented information regarding green reading books. The books cost $25 each. The results of a survey he sent around indicated that a majority of the Men’s Club members would buy the green reading book if subsidized by $12.50 from the Men’s Club. A motion was made to buy 100 green reading books at $25 each for a total cost of $2,500 and to collect $12.50 from each member who wants one.
- Grant reviewed his budget for expected 2021 which consisted of:
- $1,200… team play
- $520…… hats
- $1,200….league play
- $2,600… Two for Tuesday food and beverage
- Total $5,520
- Mike Bell reviewed expected tournament costs on a 5 year average, expected a total of $7,635.
- Treasurer Dennis Muehlenbach indicated there is currently $5,566 in the bank of which approximately was $1,000 of dues already paid toward next year.
- Motion was made by John Lange that any other budget matters should be brought up to the board. The motion passed unanimously
- Meeting adjourned at 6:15 p.m.
- Next meeting January 13, 2020 5:00 p.m.